Saturday, August 24, 2013

Palm Beach Cooler Candle


 Okay so this is my first candle review, I've never done one before just bear with me! This is the bath and body works Palm Beach Cooler small 4oz candle, it is part of the bath and body works spring 2013 candle collection. I bought this candle when it was on sale during the semi annual sale for only like $6.00 and I loved it so much I bought a second. The price had dropped so I bought my second for only $5.00.(score!) This so far is the only candle that I have gone back to the store to buy a second one of.
Okay so now lets really get down to the review. The packing is first. The wax is an adorable summer green colour which I love because it adds a little bit of fun to a room just like the smell. I also thought the actual label itself was cute for summer and reminded me of being back on the beach in cuba. sigh.
Now here's what most of you probably care about when reading a candle review. Performance and throw. As you can tell by the picture the candle started to tunnel big time. I am sort of contributing that to the fact that I may not have left it burning long enough to create a nice even wax pool. I have this candle burning beside me as I write this so that i'm writing this with the most accurate memory possible. The wick seems to work fairly well and the flame isn't too large but it doesn't look as if the candles dying down either. I feel as if at this point I may have to do what I call "candle surgery" on this to end up getting a nice even wax pool eventually. We'll see, tomorrow i'll let it burn all day long and see how well it performs and then write an update.
Now onto the throw. The throw is pretty amazing on this candle. Even though it is only the small candle it makes my whole room smell summery and fruity and just amazing. The notes in this candle are bright berries, sugared grapefruit and fresh coconut. The coconut is the strongest scent in this mixture but you can still smell the berries and the grapefruit. This almost has a slight watermelon scent to it too, I think. All of the scents are very complimentary to one another. Although the coconut is the strongest scent present in this candle there are times when you get a whiff and its pure grapefruit or berries. This candle makes my entire room smell amazing and his an amazing throw considering it is only the small 4oz candle.
As for recommendations, I would recommend this candle to people who love sweet summery scents and who care more about the throw than an even wax pool. I would not recommend this candle to those of you who do not like sweet scents and who are very particular about having a nice, deep and even wax pool.

*let me know what you liked/disliked about this post to help me improve for next time, also include anything I should add!

RATINGS
Packaging: 5/5
Performance: 3/5
Throw: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment