Sunday, August 18, 2013

China Glaze Summer Collection

Okay so here goes my first product review! From left to right we have Flip Flop Fantasy, In the Lime Light, and Love is a Beach. I guess the first thing I will talk about is their colours. Flip Flop Fantasy looks like a soft peachy pink in the bottle but goes on as a kind of neon matte salmony pink and I actually love the colour it is perfect for summer! In the Lime Light, the green one, is my summer favourite. It has a metallic sheen to it and it shimmers in the light. I almost always have it on my toes. The last one, Love Is a Beach, is a pretty colour for summer but I recommend it more for younger people in their teens as it is VERY pink and bright. I love this colour too and usually alternate between this one and in the lime light on my toes.

Now for the actual performance of the nail polish. I have to say for a $7.00 bottle of nail polish I thought that they would have better staying power than they do. They seem to last longer on my toes but I find that after just one day of wear on my finger nails that it chips like crazy. All three colours also require a top coat to achieve the finished, shiny look that everyone loves otherwise they fade into a kind of clumpy matte looking polish. This is slightly annoying because you'd assume that they would last longer and look better for a more expensive polish.

Overall I love the colours but the nail polish performance is not that great.

RATINGS
Colour: 5/5
Performance:2/5
Recommendation: Choose ORLY or OPI over this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment