Monday, August 26, 2013

Bath and Body Works Sexy Dahlia Rush

Hello! Today I am going to be reviewing the new bath and body works lotion sexy dahlia rush. This is only the travel size lotion and I was lucky enough to swipe this up for free! Yes, that's right FREE. If you follow bath and body works on Facebook they sometimes give out coupons or freebies to the people who like them. In the states you could walk into any bath and body works store and pick up a sexy dahlia rush or sweet peony dream travel size lotion for free with no purchase neccessary; if you live in Canada you got a coupon that allowed you to get one of the scents free with any purchase (and yes 50 cent pocketbac holders counted as a purchase). I live in Canada but lucked out and used the states one because my bath and body works didn't read the fine print and to be honest I didn't either I just assumed I could use it in Canada but apparently they weren't supposed to, oops. I ended up getting the sexy dahlia rush because my bath and body works store did not have any travel sized sweet peony dream in stock which suited me just fine because I really preferred this scent over the "sweet" one.
So bath and body works describes this scent on their website as a sexy combination of "wild dahlia, velvet plum and juicy red currant warmed with notes of black jasmine and spiced vanilla. This has got to be one of my all time favourite scented lotions that bath and body works has. It has a very nice floral scent for sure and I think it's a little sweet smelling but that's just me.I use this on my arms before I go out and it lasts for quite a while. I also have people sniffing me and telling me how good I smell when I wear this which is nice.
The lotion goes on smoothly and is absorbed into my skin almost immediately which is my favourite part because who wants to feel sticky and slimy all day?  Well I certainly don't so the fact that I can put on a long sleeve shirt after applying this and not have it stick to my skin, is amazing. It leaves your skin fresh and soft to the touch which a lotion should do.
The packaging on this lotion is also very cute and flirty. The colours look wonderful together and it looks adorable on my shelf. it is definitely one of the best packaged items I own.
Overall, if I wasn't a teenager on a budget and if I wasn't so in love with the fall collection, I probably would've bought this entire collection but I bought fall candles instead and twilight woods (reviews coming soon!) I totally recommend this scent to like everyone. It smells so nice and even though it's "sexy" I think it's nice for any age group.

RATINGS
Performance: 4.5/5
Scent: 5/5
Formula: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment