Sunday, August 18, 2013

Baby Lips Electro Collection!

Okay so as some of you may have noticed, Maybelline has released a new baby lips collection for the summer! The new collection sports a new black tube with neon writing on the lids. So cute. Not to mention the fact that it comes in six new amazing neon shades. From left to right (above) we have Fierce N Tangy, Minty Sheer, Oh Orange, Strike a Rose, Pink Shock and Berry Bomb. All of the new shades taste and smell amazing. Unfortunately though unlike the original baby lips collection the new electro baby lips do not contain SPF. Boo, that is one of my favourite things about the original baby lips collection so i'm disappointed that these do not contain SPF seeing as they are new for summer. The feel of the new collection feels the same as the original so i'm pleased about that.

Now for the colour pay off. The yellow and green are both sheer and do not offer colour on the lips which I am a little grateful for because I can't say that I want yellow or green lips. This is great because I get the scent and the flavour without having to look a little odd. As for the other four they come out very pigmented on my lips with strike a rose and pink shock having the most colour payoff. Oh orange and Berry bomb both offer great colour on my lips as well but it takes a couple of applications for it to be really pigmented whereas pink shock and strike a rose I only need to swipe them over my lips once and I have excellent colour. The colour also last a long time on my lips especially if it is layered with lip gloss over top.

All of these new lip balms have great scent and flavour as well. Fierce N Tangy has a kind of yellow starburst scent and flavour which is very yummy. Minty Sheer taste and smells almost exactly like the original peppermint baby lips so if your a fan of that I would buy minty sheer for sure. Oh Orange also taste and smells like starburst but the orange one, very yummy as well. Strike a Rose has a kind of rose scent but candy taste which is nice. I can't quite remember what Pink Shock taste or smells like but it is not unpleasant. As for Berry bomb it tastes like berries and tastes like them too, not too bad at all. 

Overall I really love this new line, the only con for me is that it does not contain SPF like the originals. 

RATINGS
Colour: 5/5 
Taste: 5/5 
Smell: 5/5 
Performance: 4/5 (only cause of SPF!) 

1 comment:

  1. I have three of them and I absolutely love them!

    xo Valerie

    whatgirlslve05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete